Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-28-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by emmah
I was setting up today for a big community yard sale event in Homer, NY. The guy in the next tent is selling a Singer 301 in the case, it looks very nice, for $50.
I wish I knew someone who wanted it. (Homer is 40 minutes south of Syracuse, and the sale event is the "Route 90" sales, from Homer to Montezuma, NY. Really great sale weekend.
If you buy it, you can surely sell it to someone here...these are coveted machines!!! Don't leave it there!! It only costs about $18 to ship them, including the case.

In fact, I'll take it!!
Old 07-28-2011, 02:20 PM

So, I bought a late 40's Domestic machine from shopgoodwill.com. No one else bid on it, and I got it for $5.50, and with shipping it was a little over $31.00. I took it to my 19 yo grandaughter last night, and she was EXCITED to get it!!! I wasn't sure she would appreciate it, but she LOVED it!! It came with a box full of attachments and the original book. It looks nearly brand new...probably hardly ever used, and the case looks the same. This was definately a WIN!! :-)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-233008.jpe  
Old 07-28-2011, 02:42 PM

jljack

I've got almost the same machine, just the name has been change. Mine is a White, black and heavy as mine is cast iron.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:43 PM

There was a fella in the VSMS who went in for heart surgery I think his avatar was a golden lab. He has not been on the board for several weeks. Has anyone heard about him or his condition.
Glenn
Old 07-28-2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by shelburn
For everyone else, I love this thread. Can't wait to read it every day.
Wish I could find another treadle machine. Love my New Home 1880's treadle. Am attempting to make a miniquilt on it. Such fun! I am looking for a Singer machine. I have four machines but none of them are Singers. Two are vintage and two are modern (I guess) with plastic cases. I have been bitten by the VB (Vintage Bug) and DH is no help.
He loves fire arms so there is no room for criticism!
I have yard saler friends watching for old machines, but they don't really understand what it is we are looking for.
Thanks to all you people who helped me get the old New Home teadle going. Have become addicted, since I can't trail ride my horse any more. Need another outlet!!
Ok I have to ask, why can't you ride your trail horse anymore?

Nancy
I don't trail ride any more because my sweet Tenn. Walker is now 32, just lost his stable mate last Fall to Lyme decease and he stumbles a lot. I don't need any broken bones at 76 and the vet strongly suggested that I shouldn't ride. We have had our day. Used to trailer to Vermont for three-day trail rides and the last one two years ago made me realize he was having a hard time. Thought about getting another equine, but don't want to leave a lot of loose ends for my family to tie up some day. Bad enough I will leave lots of sewing machines, materials, antique riding clothes, etc. And neither of my sons ride, nor do they have any children (2 grandsons) who are interested.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
There was a fella in the VSMS who went in for heart surgery I think his avatar was a golden lab. He has not been on the board for several weeks. Has anyone heard about him or his condition.
Glenn
I have not. Kathie
Old 07-28-2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Double Post, Sorry!!

Texas Jan
Rough is right, but she could turn out to be a nice save!!
I think it is a quality machine. It just has a good "feel" to the way it moves.

Texas Jan
Old 07-28-2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
They are cropping up everywhere! This poster has his bases covered CL and eBay!

http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2515749865.html
I say we have some lurkers. The Bay Area Cls today had some industrial machines listing too; although, not one of these.

Maybe a free working one with all its parts will surface.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by lee231
jljack

I've got almost the same machine, just the name has been change. Mine is a White, black and heavy as mine is cast iron.
I think this one might have been right after the war, because it is lighter...not cast iron.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by azdesertrat
there is a guy on craigslist here who has a featherwieght for 1500.00.I told him it will never sell for that but of course I havent heard from him
There is a person in the Bay Area that has been trying to sell a FW on CLs for over a month; he wants $495. I think he would do better on ebay.