Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-27-2011, 05:21 PM

[quote=miriam][quote=SewExtreme][quote=vintagemotif][quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif

I detect an ulterior motive.... YOU don't want HER to call YOU a... a... a... a... you know the 'H' word.
A hoarder, oh NO! My garage is next. And I said no to that a long time ago.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:23 PM

You are right, it is cute! And in great shape. I bet it will be beautiful when cleaned. Don't you just love "free"!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:23 PM

My late night CLs find! I was up until 2:30 AM wandering the CL listings. After some time, I checked back into my neighborhood, Bay Area. Well to my surprise, I see a free posting for a Standard early 1900s sewing machine with NO picture. I googled what a Standard early 1900s sewing machine since I have never seen one of those machines. I quickly sent off message telling them I will be there to pick up in AM. Plus, I was headed in that area in the morning..might as well see the machine. Well, I just had to get this cute machine even though I don't have room for this machine. Now I'm forced to clean my garage up to store a treadle or two next to my husband's workout equipment. :)

The cabinet had lots of interesting items in the drawers (clean vintage undies), but the attachments were the best. The owner said it had been his grandmother's machine, and that he is very happy to see it go to someone who will be using it. Again the machine finds me!
I really like the looks of this machine. It is like eye candy
Old 07-27-2011, 05:29 PM

My late night CLs find! I was up until 2:30 AM wandering the CL listings. After some time, I checked back into my neighborhood, Bay Area. Well to my surprise, I see a free posting for a Standard early 1900s sewing machine with NO picture. I googled what a Standard early 1900s sewing machine since I have never seen one of those machines. I quickly sent off message telling them I will be there to pick up in AM. Plus, I was headed in that area in the morning..might as well see the machine. Well, I just had to get this cute machine even though I don't have room for this machine. Now I'm forced to clean my garage up to store a treadle or two next to my husband's workout equipment. :)

The cabinet had lots of interesting items in the drawers (clean vintage undies), but the attachments were the best. The owner said it had been his grandmother's machine, and that he is very happy to see it go to someone who will be using it. Again the machine finds me!
Great find! but you know you gotta post ta pic of the undies! lol :lol:
Old 07-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Power Poster

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/atq/2510907138.html wonder what they smoke out in AZ
Old 07-27-2011, 05:41 PM

My late night CLs find! I was up until 2:30 AM wandering the CL listings. After some time, I checked back into my neighborhood, Bay Area. Well to my surprise, I see a free posting for a Standard early 1900s sewing machine with NO picture. I googled what a Standard early 1900s sewing machine since I have never seen one of those machines.
Very nice decals on your new machine.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
I have a good idea!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts

Great find! but you know you gotta post ta pic of the undies! lol :lol:
YEAH
Old 07-27-2011, 05:48 PM

Billy, my 128 with a very similar serial #, also an AK, has a foot pedal wired into the motor, not a plug in.

Such pretty machines turning up. I love the Cornflower fiddlebased one. The Standard will clean up well. Good thing the only machine I covet is my mother's White. I found a plainer one. Where do I find the age if I know the serial number of a 40s- 50s electric machine?

I'm sure it's here somewhere, but what do I use to clean and lube the irons on the Leader? They are very stiff.

Linda, tell your daughter all machines are left handed. Isaac Singer was left handed and he designed machines to suit himself. For once we lefties have it our way!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Yay Miz Johnny for being an enabler!
Yep, that's me!