Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-02-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Candace
I got this last week:> It's a 185K. I've cleaned it up, it needed it. and it looks all nice and shiny. This is the photo taken at the sellers place, but I jumped on it when I saw it listed on CL. It looks better now, but I don't have a new photo. I sewed all day on it last week and it does a nice straight stitch. Another fun one to play with. It came with the carrying case that needed a good cleaning too, but it works perfect.
Candace how does the 185K sound when you sew on it? Is it loud, groany sounding? There is a gal that comes to our Girl's Night Out with a 185K that sounds terrible, but sews really nice. By the way, really nice machine. I love the way those 185's look!

Nancy
I like the way they look, too! Clean lines and compact. I put it on my "want to get" list!!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by azwendyg
Hello folks! I've recently picked up a couple more vintage machines. I posted a pick of one of them, but cannot add it to this topic; when I click on the "add to topic" link, this topic is not listed. Can anyone tell me how that works?

Thanks,
Wendy
I think Billy and the mods are the only ones that can add links to this section...
Old 08-02-2011, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by emmah
I found this in a box of old sewing stuff. Does anyone have any ides what it is for? The small shiny handle is a crank that makes the long straight piece spin. There is a hole in the center of the straight piece. The bottom? looks like it clamps on to something.
Could it be some kind of bobbin winder. I have no idea
glenn
Old 08-02-2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by azwendyg
Hello folks! I've recently picked up a couple more vintage machines. I posted a pick of one of them, but cannot add it to this topic; when I click on the "add to topic" link, this topic is not listed. Can anyone tell me how that works?

Thanks,
Wendy
Wendy, just click on reply anywhere on the page and then you can upload attachments. If you already posted a pic go back to that post and click on add new attachment.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by justtrish
Originally Posted by dirty1mom
Originally Posted by dirty1mom
I am going Thursday evening to pick this up. CL pic. Funny how you just can't say no to a $40.00 99K with attachments.

ohhhh that looks just like mine, cabinet and all!!
How does yours run? Does it have a good stitch? This will be my first 99 and don't know much about them othere than what I have read here. Sorry I can't help with the sneaking in of the sewing machine. I just carry mine in and put it somewhere. I guess there are advantages to living alone!
It doesn't run yet... the motor whirssss/then little sparks but nothing happens... ohh..wait.. maybe the umm...knob inside the wheel..needs tightening.. :(
Little sparks sound dangerous. :shock:
Old 08-02-2011, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf
I just picked up the Minnesota A doorstop for $10 and got a functioning 201 for $10 more!
I am green with envy... ok..proud of you for rescuing the 201.... I have a spot in my sewing room for it ....just in case you have no room ...
It is heavier than the others and so plain looking, with no decals at all. I will do some research to learn more about them. Maybe these are industrial models.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Hi Honeys...I'm home!! Just resting up for a few before we bring Mamie in the house and I test her out and take photos!! She had some issues that didn't show in the Craig's list photos, but she's still a beauty, and I love this machine!!

Will post pics soon... :)
And you know we'll be waiting -------- congratulations on your new beauty!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:37 PM

oh my word looookkkkk

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/drh/atq/2525570721.html

Who's coming with me....?? anyone?
I see a fw...
Old 08-02-2011, 05:45 PM

oh my word looookkkkk

I see a fw...
I'd like that 15 withe the HC. Too bad we don't have the fast ferry to Toronto anymore!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by deplaylady
oh my word looookkkkk

I see a fw...
I'd like that 15 withe the HC. Too bad we don't have the fast ferry to Toronto anymore!
looks a lot neater than my hoard