Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1112 of 4350 FirstFirst ... 112 612 1012 1062 1102 1111 1112 1113 1122 1162 1212 1612 2112 ... LastLast
Results 11,111 to 11,120 of 43496

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbie
    There is one interesting thing about the machines manufactured in Canada as only Canada sold a turquoise soft carrying case that was called a 'tote' for the white FW's.

Canadian white featherweights were also sold in gray soft carrying cases called totes. My daughter's white featherweight which was purchased new in 1963 (we have the sales bill) by a neighbour's mother has the gray case.
    Did you take that beautiful dog with you? Kathie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathie S.
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Kathie your machines are gorgeous! And both cabinets look beautiful!
    Thank you. I just need to learn how to use them now. These machines are Miss Nellie Bell and Miss Neva Jane Jane. Nellie was the name of the woman's grandmother that I got the machine from and Miss Neva was my mother-in-law. Kathie
    lol I love the names! It will not take you long to learn to sew with them. These vintage machines are very forgiving and fun to sew with. I'm using my Davis today for straight stitch quilting. The more I use her the better the stitches are looking. Have fun treadling with them!

I am so excited... I got my treadle working!!!

I let the belt stretch out over night and this morning it was magic. LOL

Now, I need to pick out a few more fabrics for my son's quilt and it will be started.

Guess I should learn the whole bobbin thing, but I am so excited that she is up and running.

I guess she needs an official name... I think she will be Helen, after my grandmother. Gram taught me to crochet a million years ago... remember the oreo cooking crochet magnets. Thanks Gram!!

Quote Originally Posted by denise d

Now, I need to pick out a few more fabrics for my son's quilt and it will be started.

Guess I should learn the whole bobbin thing, but I am so excited that she is up and running.

I guess she needs an official name... I think she will be Helen, after my grandmother. Gram taught me to crochet a million years ago... remember the oreo cooking crochet magnets. Thanks Gram!!
    Congrats... treadling is so much fun! I love sewing on my 66 treadle. There's something so peaceful about treadling. And your sewing day isn't dependant on the electricity! I also love that the machine can go anywhere, not needing to be next to a wall with a plug-in! You can treadle in the center of a big room.

Enjoy!

Blog Entries

I know you are excited! I just put my 1st treadle belt on last night. I just put it all back together after refinishing the cabinet and cleaning my machine...already shortened the belt twice...but I treadled today!!! Haven't filled a bobbin yet, just used the thread that was on it. It was exciting! I am anxious to start something on it...after some practice.

Blog Entries
    Congrats! Have fun treadling!

Blog Entries
    Thank you. I just need to learn how to use them now. These machines are Miss Nellie Bell and Miss Neva Jane Jane. Nellie was the name of the woman's grandmother that I got the machine from and Miss Neva was my mother-in-law. Kathie
    Kathie, those are very cute names!

Nancy

I bought this machine like 7 years ago, is this a singer? it says Deluxe precision centennial 027035 am trying to locate where to buy the grey looking part that is broken, any help is appreciated

the part is the top blue not the grey
    Name:  Attachment-123125.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  47.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by tjradj
    Sheesh! I go away for a weekend and you guys add 10 pages!
    BTW, I took my little Featherweight with me and everyone thought it was so cute and quiet! And that's from non-sewist and non quilters!
    I had my tan FW at a recent Quilts of Valor sew-in and one of the
    ladies asked me if it was a toy. I guess she'd never seen one before.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Kathie your machines are gorgeous! And both cabinets look beautiful!
    Kathie Your machines are beautiful! Love the 7 drawer Singer cabinet.