Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-26-2011, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
here she is all cleaned up...this is the one I bought for $40 and someone had used a dark stain on the top of it. I'm not going to re-finish it cuz the veneer is iffy. It has the singer sewing company on the top with "manufactured in Great Britian" below it. The singer site says the F series was manufactured in Clydebank, Scotland in 1913 so don't know which is right. It is the lotus blossom and some of the blossoms on the back were completely covered in grime. spent hours uncovering them but they are all there...what should I call her, "ressurrection"....will really enjoy her, belt is next and she will be up and running.
She is beautiful!! I want a Lotus someday.

Texas Jan
Old 06-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Banned

here she is all cleaned up...this is the one I bought for $40 and someone had used a dark stain on the top of it. I'm not going to re-finish it cuz the veneer is iffy. It has the singer sewing company on the top with "manufactured in Great Britian" below it. The singer site says the F series was manufactured in Clydebank, Scotland in 1913 so don't know which is right. It is the lotus blossom and some of the blossoms on the back were completely covered in grime. spent hours uncovering them but they are all there...what should I call her, "ressurrection"....will really enjoy her, belt is next and she will be up and running.
She came out looking really nice!

Billy
Old 06-26-2011, 10:26 AM

WOOHOO!!! I'm doin' the happy dance!! I FINALLY found a spooler (bobbin winder) for my WW8!!!!!!! It's an odd one, since it fits on the leg of the treadle cabinet instead of the machine...AND!! The guy thinks he may have some of the inserts for the presser foot!! (They're glass, and not very common)
I was so bummed yesterday when I got outbid on the ones he had posted on ebay...but I did run the bid up as high as I dared!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:27 AM

LindaR, that machine turned out BEAUTIFULLY!! You should be patting yourself on the back, since we can't physically do it for you!

Name...hmmmmmmmm.... how about Lotus? :)
Old 06-26-2011, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
LindaR, that machine turned out BEAUTIFULLY!! You should be patting yourself on the back, since we can't physically do it for you!

Name...hmmmmmmmm.... how about Lotus? :)
good idea charlee....Lotus she is :thumbup:
Old 06-26-2011, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Geeze Texas Jan, Wow and Wow and WOWWWWWWW!

Now aren't you glad we all talked you into getting that beautiful little machine! I am drooling!
Nancy
I KNOW!!! I'm practically drooling over how beautiful it is!!!! So far I have only been buying vintage Singers....I may have to branch out :shock:

heehee That is like opening Pandora's box! Once you do venture out of the realm of Singers, you start to see different mechanical technology and ingenuity- which leaves you seeking more. Have fun hunting!
Old 06-26-2011, 11:05 AM

LindaR... what a beautiful machine Lotus is. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-26-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Oh and Monica, I will post photos of my machines in the photo shop as soon as I can, but right now I am busy training two horses; and, I have two quilts I have to have done by the 9th of July!
Oh, I want to see your beautiful quilts too! I know you are very busy with just the horses, but you also find time to quilt!
Old 06-26-2011, 11:29 AM

You did a really nice job cleaning her up. My Lotus is Hilda named after my aunt from Germany and so is my Lotus 1908 Wittenberg Germany or Prussia back then. You will love sewing with her. glenn
Old 06-26-2011, 11:36 AM

I have an email out to someone on CraigsList - if it's true, I'm jumping at the chance for a Wilcox and Gibbs for $20.