Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

April 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

April 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 04-14-2012, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Pat, have a great time at the quilt show. I have been to a few and I know how fun they are. I am getting very excited about the quilt show I will be attending this summer. It is in Ireland in June! I've never been there so I am super excited. We are getting weekly emails about the trip which is just feeding my excitement. I don't think I will be buying as much as I normally would since it would need to fit into my suitcase. Although they may have an option to mail things..... I am signed up for 6 different classes and activities during the 3 day quilt show.
this sounds like it will be a fun and exciting trip. Enjoy every moment you are there.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:39 AM

Ladies,

As of May 1st, i will no longer have the post office box. I am still willing to have the fq's sent to me, just to my home instead. If you have not mailed you fq yet, send me a private message and i will give you my mailing address.

I would rather have the money I spend on the PO Box for some quilty supplies. LOL

We are expecting high winds and rain today. I pray it doesnt get as bad as last time with all the tornadoes.

Have a great quilty weekend and remember you are in control of what goes into our bodies. Drink your water, eat your protein and veggies.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:59 PM

sassey-- so sorry to hear of your health problems. pray you will have a good resolution! you are in my heart and prayers.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:34 AM

GM,all. has been a loooong time since I posted.Still watching my wt,but loss has slowed down.

DH & I will be moving in the next mo or two,after almost 50 yrs at this addy.Have been so busy moving what we can.He's done a lot of repairs on new place,along with helpers,a friend,Grsons & son in law.All my fabric etc has been moved.Will have a big space in finished basement,but have to have lights installed.Made kitchen curtains using deco fabric from Joann's.They turned out just fine.Had been a long time since I sewed curtains.

Easter was at DDs house.We had a great WW meal,with a few add ons for those who are not on diets.Good luck to all.Stying on any food plan isn't easy,but it's what many of us need to do.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:04 AM

I went to the International Quilt show yesterday. OMG the quilts were awesome. I was there from 10 to 7 when they closed. Tons of beautiful fabric and neat new things at the vendors. I could easily spend another day there but am afraid I will spend more money. I started off really good only buying fabric etc that had a specific purpose. I wasn't going to buy anything just because it was pretty. HA! THen I went nuts and spent all of my money and pulled out the credit card. I did get a pattern for a really big bag that I have been wanting and some awesome fabric to go with it. I also got the pattern and foundation for a Bali wedding star I have been needing and way too much stuff to list. I met a fellow board member, Buslady who drove down from Michigan. We went to lunch together and had a nice chat. It was nice to meet someone from the board in person. I am sure I will go again next year.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:54 PM

hey, y'all! i have just had a non-weight related victory!! i loaded pictures from my camera to my computer, AND then i re-sized them and posted them! i'm so hot, i'm burning holes in the floor! i thought i'd share with you what i've made. the first 3 are mug rugs for a private swap. the 4th picture is a mug rug for my partner in the round mug rug swap. hope you'll agree, i stepped out of the box on these! lol
Attached Thumbnails lynnies-mug-rugs-n-001.jpg   lynnies-mug-rugs-n-003.jpg   lynnies-mug-rugs-n-005.jpg   lynnies-mug-rugs-n-006.jpg  
Old 04-16-2012, 06:14 AM

Way to go, Nancia!! They are super cute!!
Boy, Pat. I can't even imagine moving after being in a house for 50 yrs.
Well, we certainly don't need snow today here in western Wisconsin but I guess we don't have a choice.
I've been slipping a bit with my diet and exercise. Yesterday was the first time I got in my 10,000 steps since I left Texas 2 weeks ago. I AM going to make it to a WW meeting this week to get me inspired.
I think my hubby is trying to make me crazy. After 6 years I have finally adjusted to my winters in Texas and even found a weekly quilt group that I am very fond of. His sister bought a house not too far from us so I would actually have relatives to do things with and I like her. He's not much for socializing but he would spend time with his sister. Now he is looking at a new job in the Twin Cities area. We would still keep our WI home and he would get a condo or apt. Darn it! I was actually looking forward to next winter.
On a happier note, my daughter is applying for jobs in our area since there are no pharmacy jobs in Madison. Can you believe this stupid economy has made jobs scarce for pharmacists? That is one field that I thought would always be in demand but they just aren't retiring since they lost their retirement savings in the stock market.
Well, that's not so happy either. I'll try to be more upbeat in my next posting.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:59 AM

Hello, plainpat, it's good to hear from you. I hear you about the non quilt sewing. I have fabric for a graduation dress being sent from Albuequeque. I had told her I couldn't do it- that I don't so apparel anymore, but her life has been turned upside down by a family member and I don't have the heart to refuse a second time. I see an all nighter coming up. Alb graduates very early and there's the fitting problem. She buys a size 6 dress - someone in a fabric store measured her and sold her a size 14 pattern. I sure hope it's multi sized because I'm not cutting a 14 for her.

Pat - 50 years. I hope you are a 'get rid of it' not a "I might need it some day' housekeeper. I need to become more of the first one so my poor kids don't have to deal with so much 'stuff'. Enjoy your new house.

Pat (meanmom), it sounds like you had a great time at the quilt show. I've never been to a big one. Ours is inspiring enough. I won FQs at the small one in McBain last yeat. Soft Christmas colors. I guess I should make up something for the bazaar as they aren't my colors. I entered the quilt drawing here, but I would have donated it back if I had won. Another not my thing.

nancia, your mugrugs are darling. Congrats on the weight loss. I saw your post on the quiltalong site. We could have one right here if we can choose a date that some of us could work together in a virtual sense. I did get my quilt top finished by midnight. I will go back and post it today - the light isn't good in my LR at night for a pic. Sunday works for me after 1:00. I could even get up early and start before church - does anyone see that happening?? Dreamer! The backing is ready so now it's time to try the boards for sandwiching. The granddaughter who is getting this one is here from S Carolina, so I'm on a double timeline - to quilt and bind this before she leaves and do the Alb dress. Grrr.

My weight is still screwy. I haven't been eating with intent - just whatever. Today is a new day and a good time to fix that. I will eat two meals and a night snack and nothing in between. There - it's in print. Thank you, ladies, for being here to read it and keep me accountable. Whoops, I AM eating...... Will denotes the future and am means now and I need it and want it now.

Cindy, you sound like me. I just realized how quickly I read through Woman's World magazine. I can stop at the library and do that and save the $1.79 a week, $8.05 a month for a yard of fabric. I sent for your address.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier. Have a good day. Eat clean, drink your water, and don't blow away when you go walking. I think this wind is widespread.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:44 AM

Nancia, great job uploading and re-sizing pictures. I have not figured out how to do that yet. But since I got this new computer I have not really tried yet. Soon, perhaps.

Tomorrow is my surgery. I am not worried about the surgery stuff, only the not being able to walk on it for 4 weeks. I'm not sure how I will survive this!! My house is NOT wheel chair friendly. I really really hope that I will be able to at least put some weight on it and use a walker around the house. Getting up and down the stairs will be a great challenge. At the moment it is throbbing. I have a bunch of stuff to do today and just sat down for a few min. I see my Dr at 1:30 and sign all the papers. DH is going with me and we need to remember to ask questions such as can I really put weight on it and what happens after the 4 weeks. I am going to make him take me on a couple of short errands and then when we get home I am going to try and get my garden it. It rained on Wednesday and Friday here and so I could not get anything in over the weekend, the ground was too muddy. I hope it's not too muddy today to work in cause this is the last opportunity I will have for at least a month.
My DH is wonderful, he dug it all up for me last week (before the rain) and he is great about watering for me but he does not plant my garden. Whatever I don't get in I will have to have my DD#1 come over and plant for me.
I am cooking up a bunch of beans to throw in smaller containers in the freezer so they will be available for me. We will end up getting at least 7-10 meals brought in, if not more and though I will request low fat/calorie, I can't be too fussy when others are providing!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:05 AM

Gayle, my third daughter wasn't stong enough to to hop upstairs on one foot - I could if I had a rail on each side - so she sat down on scooted up on her bottom. Still a lot of lifting with your arms. Four years ago I was where you are - planting on the day before surgery, but at least with that one I could bear weight on my heel with crutches or a walker. My house is wheelchair friendly except the guest bathroom so I had it easy. Right now it isn't since I moved my sewing machines to the family room, but they can be moved back, too. Maybe you won't have to resize your pictures. Either PhotoImage or my computer does mine. You sure manage to get a lot done in a day. Will be praying for you tomorrow.

I have the Sharon S video on my computer and the quilt on a dining room table. It's a little more interesting with an 81" quilt than the little pieces of fabric she demos with. I'll let you know how it turns out.

It's 56 degrees with 25 mph winds and gusts to 35-40 with a 40% of rain. It looks higher than that. Do I want to stop and go to a high school softball game? I'm not familiar with the field it's at. Maybe I can watch from the car.

Okay, break time is over.