Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

April 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

April 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 04-18-2012, 08:38 AM

Hi all, Cindy, thanks for instructions re multiple mailings. I regret that I didn't know that, but hope you were able to figure it out. I'll make it clearer in future mailings. Mailing 3 was same cost as mailing 1.
I'm back from all travels to cities for a few months so I'll be able to focus on my weight loss plan and of course more quilting and sewing too.
Plainpat, you have my empathy. It's hard to have to go through stuff to downsize. I had to do it when I moved from Knoxville to Duluth MN. Argh! It's a big job. Now I can say I'm happier but it took time. I wish you well.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:57 PM

It is ok. I decided this after I sent you your PM. I will do the best I can when it comes in.

Keep focusing on your weightloss and you will be successful.

Originally Posted by jlwheart View Post
Hi all, Cindy, thanks for instructions re multiple mailings. I regret that I didn't know that, but hope you were able to figure it out. I'll make it clearer in future mailings. Mailing 3 was same cost as mailing 1.
I'm back from all travels to cities for a few months so I'll be able to focus on my weight loss plan and of course more quilting and sewing too.
Plainpat, you have my empathy. It's hard to have to go through stuff to downsize. I had to do it when I moved from Knoxville to Duluth MN. Argh! It's a big job. Now I can say I'm happier but it took time. I wish you well.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:26 PM

Thanks.DH is working hard to get new place done before we move.Painting etc is always easier when house is empty.We have a lot sorted,more to go.Weather has helped so much,with a beautiful March & nice Spring.The last of my sewing stuff has been moved....now I need lights for new basement sewing room.Wish we'd tossed a lot of stuff yrs ago.DH is the original pack rat.Just sorting thru tools etc is a major undertaking.Ah,well.It will be
done when it's done.

5151015]Hi all, Cindy, thanks for instructions re multiple mailings. I regret that I didn't know that, but hope you were able to figure it out. I'll make it clearer in future mailings. Mailing 3 was same cost as mailing 1.
Plainpat, you have my empathy. It's hard to have to go through stuff to downsize. I had to do it when I moved from Knoxville to Duluth MN. Argh! It's a big job. Now I can say I'm happier but it took time. I wish you well.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-18-2012, 08:35 PM

I'm glad I'm not moving, but I need to pretend I am so I can travel lighter. Right now I need to travel lighter in terms of things I need to do. The Sharon Schamber boards worked wonderfully well for sandwiching the quilt without leaving the house or getting down on the floor. The video shows a little quilt and a lightweight batting. I had an 81" quilt and a queen size cotton/poly batt, so it wasn't as pretty to look at, but it worked. It did seem to take longer, but being at home, I think I didn't rush and this was the first time, too. The quilt is very smooth, front and back.

The Jewel Box quilt is on the 301 being FMQed. My first all over meander - in the past, I've worked block by block. It's interesting to say the least. The mailman brought me a package with dotted fabric and a pattern yesterday. A size 14-18 for a size 5-6 DGD. I'd like to strangle the person in the JoAnn's in Albuquerque who measured her and sold her that pattern. I was able to get it in a 6 here. I made a bodice today and put in the mail with a list of questions. She will call me with the answers as soon as she gets it. Meanwhile, I can work on some of the skirts and collect the other things I need. The bodice is interfaced, lined with boning. It has two layers of skirts and she wants tulle ruffles on the under one like the flower girl and communion dresses I made for her years ago. Did I say her graduation party is May 11, so I want it in the mail by the first? It's a huge skirt and is shown hemmed by hand. I will have to do it by machine. Lots of fun going back to my ELna - it threads differently than the 301, the reverse is different, but we have been together so long that I caught on qulckly. That machine sews so perfectly. My youngest daughter's wedding dress is hanging here waiting for pressing to be in a wedding dress show. It can wait until after the quilt is delivered.

Add to that the weather will warm up again very soon and my gardens need me. I didn't do anything when we had that warm spell because I felt it would get cold again and I wanted the perennials protected, but it's getting time now. Help! I need a housewife! My ex-husband is willing, but I'm not willing to let him on the property.

Okay, enough whining. My break time is almost over. I hope you are all doing well. We are in the last half of the month.

Di, how very proud you must be of your daughter. I saw the pic in the other thread. She's a lovely girl.

I have red lentils here, but I've never cooked any. I'm sure I will like them.

Tomorrow night is a church meeting. Our circle is in charge of the food for this wedding gala, so I need to go out tomorrow and line up some things so I can let people know what I need from them. I am not making the cake. I'm retired from that. Friday is a high school softball game, but it's here, so it won't take much time.

Gayle should be home from the hospital tomorrow if she isn't already. I hope she checks in with us.

I am losing weight and getting healthier. Goodnight, all.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:05 PM

Good evening everyone. Are you talking about the other Gayle???
My surgery was a outpatient one. It ended up being about 2 hours long. My Dr said it was a really really nasty heal spur. Very sharp and large. He ended up removing a lot of damaged tissue that the spur had shredded. I am having to use a wheelchair as I am not able to put any weight on the foot. It is challenging!!!! Right now it is aching pretty good.
I spent most of my day in my Lazy-boy with the foot propped up on pillows. Dh brought me in here so I could check my e-mail. I will only have a few min as it starts just throbbing when it is down.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:31 PM

No, I meant you. I thought it might be outpatient. In a few days, you can put pillows on the leg extension on the wheelchair and get around more. Just remember to give yourself space on corners. Do you have a good book available? Give yourself time to relax and let your body heal. You don't have to be doing anything. I am offering prayers for less pain and an uneventful healing. Judy
Old 04-18-2012, 10:12 PM

Irishrose, Oh My! That dress sounds like a nightmare to me! Good luck with that!
Gayle, so glad to hear you are doing okay after your surgery. No wonder you were hurting so much. That sounds nasty! Take care of yourself and follow your doctor's orders so you will heal as quickly as possible.
I went to WW this morning (gained 1.7 in the last 3 weeks) and I got in my 10,000 steps today. Hubby and I went and picked up the recumbent stationery bike I inherited. Hopefully we will get it set up soon. It annoys me to no end when I can't exercise either because my daughter is sleeping so I can't be jumping around on the floor over her room or my husband has not gone to work and I can't have the tv on while he is on conference calls. Now I will have the bike in my bedroom and can ride it to my heart's content. My friend may also give me her treadmill. That would be awesome. I could put it in the basement where it is nice and cool plus the treadmill has a built in fan.
My daughter and I started working the the garden plot that she is renting for the summer for my Mother's Day gift. It is very full of weeds. We got about 1/4 of it cleaned out. It is 12'x24'. That should keep us supplied with plenty of fresh vegies this summer.
I'd like to get back to my quilting but I don't see that happening very soon. Too many gardens that need my attention. Plus my house is a total disaster. We have 3 slobs living here. One of these days I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get this house in order and then do some serious cleaning. I guess it might take a few days.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:06 AM

Howdy!!! I have not been a very good member of this list. I promise to try harder!

I am doing well although the weight loss has started to plateau SO I started back up at the gym. I go in the morning and in the evening. I walk on the treadmill for 10-15 minutes and then do the weight machines then back to walking on the treadmill.

I feel great right now so I must be doing something right.

I feel a little silly to bring this up but I now carry in my purse a toddler's divided plate and toddler's fork and spoon. It keeps me eating the right size portions and it keeps me eating it slowly with those tiny utensils!

I am hovering around the 360 pounds mark with is not super good but it is acceptable per my surgeon. So that is good news.

Cathie and I are still doing great. She will be here on the first and staying until the end of the month. I miss her so much now. I cannot wait to hug her and tell her in person that I love her.

Everything else is going good. I thought i would share my current month's (April) pictures for you. I am also posting my before picture where I weighed a whopping 550+ pounds.

I am worried because I do not post much that I am gonna be kicked off. Would one of the mods share if that is the case? Thank you guys so much!!

Missy
Attached Thumbnails 4.15.12-side.jpg   4.15.12-front.jpg   550-pounds-plus.jpg  
Old 04-19-2012, 02:03 AM

Just have to say,you are looking so much thinner! Congrats to you.I haven't been good at staying in touch.....plan to do better,I Trying to catch up on mail.Know I won't read all,but hope everyone is in good health & losing wt this wk.

Originally Posted by MissyGirl View Post
Howdy!!! I have not been a very good member of this list. I promise to try harder!

I am doing well although the weight loss has started to plateau SO I started back up at the gym. I go in the morning and in the evening. I walk on the treadmill for 10-15 minutes and then do the weight machines then back to walking on the treadmill.

I feel great right now so I must be doing something right.

I feel a little silly to bring this up but I now carry in my purse a toddler's divided plate and toddler's fork and spoon. It keeps me eating the right size portions and it keeps me eating it slowly with those tiny utensils!

I am hovering around the 360 pounds mark with is not super good but it is acceptable per my surgeon. So that is good news.

Cathie and I are still doing great. She will be here on the first and staying until the end of the month. I miss her so much now. I cannot wait to hug her and tell her in person that I love her.

Everything else is going good. I thought i would share my current month's (April) pictures for you. I am also posting my before picture where I weighed a whopping 550+ pounds.

I am worried because I do not post much that I am gonna be kicked off. Would one of the mods share if that is the case? Thank you guys so much!!

Missy
Old 04-19-2012, 02:20 AM

Thank you so so much! I love that I made a committment to myself to have photos taken of me every single month. My do I look different from that first picture! I think everyone should do the photo thing. It is hard to deny what is right in front of us. Kwim?

Missy