Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I see gorgeous sewing rooms... then there's mine.... >

I see gorgeous sewing rooms... then there's mine....

I see gorgeous sewing rooms... then there's mine....

Old 06-07-2011, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dawnmarieodya
I looked through your pictures and saw a rooster crossing a cobble street.Very color full.How can I get one since I love roosters.I would like to hange it up in my kitchen.The picture looked like it was in another country.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by lindyline
No, you're not the only one, but if anyone else asks,I'm denying it.
Lindy, I am sticking with you! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-07-2011, 07:31 AM

Take the door off the room. Then you see it every time you go near. It worked for me
Old 06-07-2011, 07:42 AM

Creativity is messy.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:54 AM

I think people would freak out if they saw my sewing space. It is so tiny, but it is all mine and I love it!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
If my sewing room does not make me smile every time I walk in then it's not fun to be in. Make it pretty. Line the walls with bookcases, buy pretty storage bins and fill them. Wrap the fabric on flat boards (not bolt) and you can get 45 - 60 on each shelf. Leave some space for decorative items like a basket of thread, or scraps. My sewing room is stuck in a back room, waiting for the other rooms to be remodeled. But I still made it as pretty as I could. Good thing because the remodel is taking forever. I have pics of my temp room in the picture section, I posted some time ago.
Could you please tell me more about the "flat boards" you use to wrap your fabric on? Do they work better than just folding our fabric on a ruler and placing them on the shelves like books? What is the cost for these "flat boards"?

Thanks, :D
Old 06-07-2011, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen
No, you are not the only one. Mine is 10 x 10 and I have a 3x5 desk and a 3x5 cutting table in there!!!

I, on occasion, work at cleaning it... I am sure you can wander thru my old posts and find the last time I took it on....It of course, won...and I need to do it again...
Similar situation here, too. I'm in a 10 x 11' second bedroom and just decided I DO need a larger cutting area, so mine is now 30 x 48" and my sewing table in 30 x 60". These tables are shoved up against one long wall, but both pieces of furniture are priority; many other items were negotiable. :lol:
Old 06-07-2011, 08:07 AM

Souonds like you have been peeking in my sewing room.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:14 AM

If I can get to what I want and use what I need, that's good enough for me!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:14 AM

I agree with Clem55; “just be glad it is all in one room“. I currently live in a 1000 sq. ft. Condo. My sewing/quilting machine in on the dining room table; I have piles of paperwork (magazines, patterns, etc) stacked on the living room chair; two quilts (in progress) are hanging over the back of the same living room chair; bags of quilting tools/supplies are in a bag on the floor next to the dining room table. My cutting boards, varies rulers, and a portable ironing board is in the living room standing between the couch and the wall; and bins of material, batting, etc. are in the guest bedroom(stacked in the corner of the room and in the closet). It is always a nightmare when we have company or the grandkids come to sleep over when everything needs to be moved. I am always looking for the one thing I need, but never sure which room or pile/bag etc.,I put it in. I often think of those of you that quilt in RV’s on the road. God bless you! All of you with a sewing room that are able to put all of your things together and shut a door are truly blessed! Happy quilting to all wherever you work from!