Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: looking for sympathy

Besides doing the deco stitching, you could add pretty trims, lace, ribbons, etc. over the stitch lines....kinda like a crazy quilt. It might hide the bleached lines and add a bit of pizazz. I have also learned my lesson and prewash all fabrics going into a quilt. I can only wish that I had found this board before making that oops.

Quote Originally Posted by wattse2000 View Post
    Too late! I just finished bleaching the most obnoxious line with a small paint brush. I do think the bleached line looks better than the hot pink stripe. Ugh. What a nightmare!!!
    I agree that the bleached line is better than the pink. However, it does look as though the "line" goes along the lime green fabric. Since the bleach might have weakened the stitching, you might consider stitching over the [now]white quilting lines with a green thread and bobbin - even using a narrow satin stitch if you'd like. Just a thought. It IS a lovely quilt. Connie
    Connie

It's lovely despite the tribulations. A bit of decorative ric-rac could work wonders. Now....onwards and upwards to your next project....which I'm guessing will be constructed of all pre-washed, pre-shrunk and bomb-proof fabrics. Chin up and happy quilting.

And one more idea to add - use it until you are tired of it or ready to take on another project. Then piece a top the same size, and use the birthing method to attach the new pieced top to the flannel side of the quilt. Use a pattern that you can tie down rather than quilt. You will end up with a double sided quilt. Or use the birthing method to attach the quilt to the existing top and quilt down. Either way you recycle the quilt and if in 50 years someone takes it apart, they find a surprise inside! I have done this with other quilts that can't be mended anymore due to hard use.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, haven't read all the suggestions, but most of them. The only thing I can suggest is to get some fabric paint pens the closest match to your greens and paint over the bleach line. if you are careful you may get a really good match. Otherwise, use the quilt, enjoy it, and next time you will think of things like this!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4