Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 854 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 354 754 804 844 853 854 855 864 904 954 1354 ... LastLast
Results 21,326 to 21,350 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by dirty1mom
    I am going Thursday evening to pick this up. CL pic. Funny how you just can't say no to a $40.00 99K with attachments.

ohhhh that looks just like mine, cabinet and all!!

So I have to offficially attempt to sneak a machine into the house.

Can a treadle be snuck in? I know there must be some info here somewhere on taking a treadle apart to transport (sneak)!

My guess is that the machine has been electrified but is still sitting in the treadle cabinet :)

1st treadle
    Name:  Attachment-235360.jpe
Views: 61
Size:  35.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by justtrish
    I am going Thursday evening to pick this up. CL pic. Funny how you just can't say no to a $40.00 99K with attachments.

How does yours run? Does it have a good stitch? This will be my first 99 and don't know much about them othere than what I have read here. Sorry I can't help with the sneaking in of the sewing machine. I just carry mine in and put it somewhere. I guess there are advantages to living alone!

How does yours run? Does it have a good stitch? This will be my first 99 and don't know much about them othere than what I have read here. Sorry I can't help with the sneaking in of the sewing machine. I just carry mine in and put it somewhere. I guess there are advantages to living alone!
    It doesn't run yet... the motor whirssss/then little sparks but nothing happens... ohh..wait.. maybe the umm...knob inside the wheel..needs tightening.. :(

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Oh here is my new machine I just have to pick it up when the young lady gets home Tuesday. I will post photos of it when I get it home, but it is a Wilcox and Gibbs industrial. Good thing I have about 6000 needles for this one!! :P

Billy
    Billy please post a better picture when you get this machine home. It looks similar (except the HW) to one from our Craigslist that I am trying to get to see.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/hsh/2517149361.html

Nancy
    Nancy, that's a really cool looking machine!! Haven't seen one like that before...but then, there's lots I haven't seen before!! :-) There's an adventure waiting every time I come on here...you guys find the neatest machines ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by lee231
    Seen a Spartan at the flea market last Sunday, but it had the logo for The Singer manufacturing company along the top of the arm. Was this a rare machine that I should have picked up?
    The Spartan is the budget version of the 99 --without a light. Not too rare. The plastic cases have a problem sometimes as the little fins the machine rests on are not up to the weight of the machine and break off. But the machine itself is a really nice little machine, sews very evenly and is easy to maintain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olebat
    Hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but this baby is gonna take a bunch of time, work and TLC to get it fully functional again. Time, which at this point I do not have to spare. I haven't started research in this particular model. The wiring needs replacing for sure, so haven't tried to get 'er working. The wheel is difficult to turn. Cabinet repair is pretty much just a glue/clamp situation, I hope. Will need refinish work too, as the varnish is badly blistered. Machine will probably respond to a good cleaning and oiling. It's been sitting for years, it'll just have to sit a couple more months.
    That a PROJECT for sure!! Whew...beyond me!! :shock:

Blog Entries
    So I have to offficially attempt to sneak a machine into the house.

Can a treadle be snuck in? I know there must be some info here somewhere on taking a treadle apart to transport (sneak)!

My guess is that the machine has been electrified but is still sitting in the treadle cabinet :)
    Really pretty! My White FR was still in it's treadle cabinet - it had been electrified but I ripped that puppy off as soon as I got it home and put a belt on her. She's much happier as a treadle - just as she was meant to be! Have fun sneaking the treadle into the house!

Blog Entries
    I have 5 old stray metal bobbins that say "EXTRA #3 BOBBINS" on them. They are large and flat - about the size of a FW bobbin - but the middle hole is smaller. Any clue what they might go to? And does anyone need such bobbins?

Blog Entries
    Here is a GORGEOUS 1911 Red Eye that needs to go back in treadle...it's got a modern motor & case, but has the spoke hand wheel.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8339346

It's in Indianapolis, and is PICKUP ONLY...no shipping!! :cry:

BTW I told DH today about my Featherweight I got out of layaway...he wasn't thrilled, but was OK with it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deplaylady

Really pretty! My White FR was still in it's treadle cabinet - it had been electrified but I ripped that puppy off as soon as I got it home and put a belt on her. She's much happier as a treadle - just as she was meant to be! Have fun sneaking the treadle into the house!
    Well, this Saturday I am going to go pick up a treadle cabinet for my 66-1 that came with a motor. I know I can't sneak it in...I don't have that big of a house!! LOL I think DH already knows the machine is there, although I haven't exactly shown it to him, and he hasn't mentioned it. But the case is sitting on the floor in the sewing room, and he goes in and out of there all the time. But....he's really not very observant (his own admission!! :-)), so maybe he hasn't really noticed it!! LOL We'll have to see!!! :-) Can't wait to get my Little Lotus into her treadle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack

Well, this Saturday I am going to go pick up a treadle cabinet for my 66-1 that came with a motor. I know I can't sneak it in...I don't have that big of a house!! LOL I think DH already knows the machine is there, although I haven't exactly shown it to him, and he hasn't mentioned it. But the case is sitting on the floor in the sewing room, and he goes in and out of there all the time. But....he's really not very observant (his own admission!! :-)), so maybe he hasn't really noticed it!! LOL We'll have to see!!! :-) Can't wait to get my Little Lotus into her treadle.
    Counting down! Only 4 more days & we get to go pick up our treasure!!!

I just picked up the Minnesota A doorstop for $10 and got a functioning 201 for $10 more!

My DH had been wanting a handgun he'd seen a while back so I told him to go get it. Now I can be guilt free if and when I find more machines I want cause guns are way more costly than these old ladies we collect. I gotta get a move on if I want to get as many as I am old cause I only have 30 machines and I'll be 66 in december. Dang, I gotta hurry. lol

Blog Entries
    Here is a GORGEOUS 1911 Red Eye that needs to go back in treadle...it's got a modern motor & case, but has the spoke hand wheel.

BTW I told DH today about my Featherweight I got out of layaway...he wasn't thrilled, but was OK with it.
    They may change their mind about shipping. I'm 9 minutes away from winning an auction with them (crossing fingers.) At first it was listed as 'pick-up only' but they switched after a few days to allowing shipping.

Blog Entries
    I have 5 old stray metal bobbins that say "EXTRA #3 BOBBINS" on them. They are large and flat - about the size of a FW bobbin - but the middle hole is smaller. Any clue what they might go to? And does anyone need such bobbins?
    maybe an old Bernina

Blog Entries

I'm proud of you Janice. See, that wasn't too bad... I hope :shock:

Has anyone tried using a sonic cleaner to remove rust and grime from small sewing machine parts?
    My son got a sonic cleaner to clean dive regulator parts.
    And sonic cleaners are available to clean jewelry, so why not sewing machine parts?

Looky what came in the mail from Billy (Lostin51) :mrgreen:
    It's awesome!!!!!!

He said it ran really smooth and he was RIGHT!!! I haven't run it with thread yet but was amazed at how much pep it has!!! This sewing machine is H-E-A-V-Y---must weight about 200 lbs...lol!

Billy, I can't figure out how to put the spool pin back in or even where it goes :roll:

My new Atlas sewing machine!! Isn't she pretty?
    Name:  Attachment-235485.jpe
Views: 73
Size:  40.4 KB

The back view
    Name:  Attachment-235486.jpe
Views: 77
Size:  33.3 KB

Close up--so shiny!
    Name:  Attachment-235487.jpe
Views: 59
Size:  74.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickylsf
    I just picked up the Minnesota A doorstop for $10 and got a functioning 201 for $10 more!
    Wow....you are picking up some great deals!! I'm :mrgreen:

Blog Entries

They may change their mind about shipping. I'm 9 minutes away from winning an auction with them (crossing fingers.) At first it was listed as 'pick-up only' but they switched after a few days to allowing shipping.
    Thanks....maybe I'll watch it. Kinda iffy about getting any more machines for a while. This one is really really NICE...looks nearly PERFECT!!!! Someone needs to get it!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Hahaha!! Well, I put it in my truck to bring to work to show someone, but DH showed up to pick up the truck to go get our trailer, and while he had it, he saw the case in the back seat. I told him I had picked it up from layaway and had put it in the truck. It's only the timeframe that those happened that I kinda fudged on a bit.....it's OK. I bought it with my overtime pay money, so it didn't come out of our household money!! I'm legal!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
    Looky what came in the mail from Billy (Lostin51) :mrgreen:
    It's awesome!!!!!!

He said it ran really smooth and he was RIGHT!!! I haven't run it with thread yet but was amazed at how much pep it has!!! This sewing machine is H-E-A-V-Y---must weight about 200 lbs...lol!

Billy, I can't figure out how to put the spool pin back in or even where it goes :roll:
    Very nice!! I love pink and green machines...they look so elegant!! :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Hahaha!! Well, I put it in my truck to bring to work to show someone, but DH showed up to pick up the truck to go get our trailer, and while he had it, he saw the case in the back seat. I told him I had picked it up from layaway and had put it in the truck. It's only the timeframe that those happened that I kinda fudged on a bit.....it's OK. I bought it with my overtime pay money, so it didn't come out of our household money!! I'm legal!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    My wife said I could not have any more machines until I paint the house. I have a really big two story house so it could be awhile for me. :lol: :lol:

WOW, she is beautiful. I love the color!!