Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-15-2011, 09:20 PM

No, I didn't take any other pics. I've been up to my elbows in dust and chemicals for nearly 3 days:>
Old 08-15-2011, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by costumegirl
I recently inherited my MIL's sewing machine and I just tried her out! She purrs like a kitten!! It's a Singer 201-3 with the Centennial label and is it a beautiful cabinet. I'm taking it tomorrow to get it cleaned and checked because I know that it hasn't been used in at least 20 yrs. I will try to post pics later. I was thinking too bad it wasn't a 301 but she really is pretty and I feel fortunate to have her.
Anyone familiar with this model?

Also found this one on Kijiji - anyone know what model and company it is?
http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ305338834

The machine on the Kijiji link is a National Graybar. Pretty machine!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by jljack

Hi,
I'm wondering if you have the needle in correctly? The flat side goes in facing to the right and threads from left to right(outside to inside).
Sharon W.
Thanks for that info, Sharon. I'll check that tonite when I get home...I very well may have it in wrong! I know I have it threaded correctly...left to right. I'll let you know!!
Guess what, Sharon, you were right. I switched the needle around, and Harriet sews!!! YOOHOO!! I am sooooo happy!! Here's the pics of her stitch. This is a 102 year old machine in a 120 year old cabinet. It's all very cool!!! Color me EXCITED!!! :-)[/quote]

Janice your Singer 66 is gorgeous! happy to read that you got it sewing for you. Have fun and please post pictures of what you make with that machine.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
I posted my before and after pics of my cabinet restoration here http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-145486-1.htm#3962118 :>
I like the way that turned out. The handles really make a difference to the look.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:18 AM

Please - what is this decal pattern called? The seller wants $50. Thanks ...........
Attached Thumbnails attachment-242606.jpe  
Old 08-16-2011, 04:47 AM

jljack....your lotus is really pretty...I have the identical treadle but my decals are not that good...love her anyway..LOL glad she is sewing now. mine was completely froze up when I got her, she is now doing alot better and gets looser every time I use her...she was pretty gooped up. treadle on!
Old 08-16-2011, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterGary
Anyone know where I can get free down load of a manual for a Kenmore 117.591
I haven't been able to find one - have two different kenmores that need manuals.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Suzi
Please - what is this decal pattern called? The seller wants $50. Thanks ...........
Suzi, those look like the decals called "Gingerbread" or "Tiffany". They look in good shape and the machine is pretty clean.

Good luck. :-)
Old 08-16-2011, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Suzi
Nice pattern. Most of the decals I've seen around here are extremely worn or are the later filigree type.

I found these pages with some examples:

http://treadleon.net/oldtreadleonia/...ls/decals.html
Old 08-16-2011, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
I have been watching this machine for a couple months now. He started out asking $450, but is coming down. Those Adlers are suppose to be really great machines. I like the looks of this machine - I bet it has a reverse! But, look how cool it looks! It reminds me of my Wheeler & Wilson's, but more elaborate!

Why don't one of you make the guy an offer! I'd go for it if I hadn't of gotten the Hitachi! I still might!

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2538070755.html

Nancy
That's a nice machine!! I have my DH's mom's Adler in a cabinet from 1957...we had it adjusted, but it keeps doing weird things. So right now not using it. Might set it up again one of these days and go through it. It's a TON!! Solid iron.
Janice I love your Lotus, really nice decals!

The Adler you have is electric isn't it, has to be if it is a 1957 machine. This Adler is older and a treadle, which is why I am watching it on Craigslist!

Candace are you going to get the Adler?

Nancy